Family well-being can be assisted when parents know their children are well cared for. The Before and After School Programs are designed to meet this need with conveniently located, well-staffed sites. The programs strive to provide both indoor and outdoor recreational activities for your child.
Children will be allowed time to work on homework at parents’ request, but the programs are not designed to be a tutorial service.
View and download the complete 2018-19 Before and After School Care Parent Handbook here
Download an application form (including medical release) here
Transylvania County schools presently offer Before and After School Programs at the following schools:
- Pisgah Forest School (before and after school) Phone: 877-4814
- Rosman Elementary (after school only) Phone: 884-6674
Before School: 6:45 am - 7:45 am
After School: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The Before and After School Program begins on the first full student attendance day in August. The program will not operate on scheduled holidays, early dismissals due to inclement weather, or teacher work-days. However, they will operate on the four scheduled Early Release Days.
- State regulations require that students be signed in each day by parent or guardian for before school program.
- All students must be signed out by a parent or guardian upon departure.
- We may release a child only to parents or to individuals authorized on the emergency form.
- We must release students to either parent unless a court order limiting custody is on file with the site director. If your custody situation changes, we will need to have written notification.
The Before and After School Program is not a regular program of the Transylvania County Schools and is not supported by school funds; however, it is directed by the Elementary Grades Curriculum Office. If at any time you have questions or problems, please feel free to contact that office at 884-6173.
The After School Program is licensed by the North Carolina Department of Human Resources, Division of Child Development. The program opens with the dismissal of school and closes at 6:00 P.M. Activities include supervised play and organized, small group activities. A nutritious snack and juice are served each day.
The programs do not operate on days when students are not in school. If schools close prior to serving lunch, the programs do not operate.
Parents must complete enrollment forms plus health and emergency information before a child can be served.
Per Child / Per Day
AM Care - $4.00/Day
PM Care - $12.00/Day