Navigation: Common View > Plans > Student Plans
Navigation from TAM:
Click blue arrow, type "Student improvement Plan" in box and click Find..., select Student improvement Plan and click Navigate To...
1. From the Student Plan tab, make the appropriate selection from the Case Manager LOV.
2. From the School of Instruction drop-down, click the applicable school.
3. Update Start Date and End Date fields to reflect the plan dates specified on the Review of Accommodations Used During Testing form for the student.
Note: The Start Date defaults to the system date; the End Date defaults to the last instructional day of the identified school’s calendar. Therefore, it is
important to check to ensure the Start Date and End Date fields accurately
reflect the information provided on the paper form.
Important: If a new Review of Accommodations Used During Testing form is provided for an existing plan due to changes in the accommodations, update the End Date of the current plan in eSIS to reflect the new source document’s start date and create a new plan using the start date specified on the new Review of Accommodations Used During Testing form.
4. From the Reason for Support Plan drop-down, select the appropriate Plan Reason (IEP, Section 504, LEP or Transitory Impairment).
Note: Use the Edit Description button to add any detail about the Support Plan (e.g., “student broke arm” for Transitory Impairment). An ellipsis appears on the Edit Description button to indicate a note has been created.
5. From the Supporting Data drop-down, add the first required testing accommodation for the test.
a. To record additional required testing accommodations, click the Add button located above the first Supporting Data record.
Note: Use the Edit Description button to add any detail about the Supporting
Data. An ellipsis appears on the Edit Description button to indicate a note has been created. If Special NCDPI Approved Accommodation is selected, Edit Description must be used to record the details of that accommodation.
6. Click Save. The Plan Number auto-populates.
7. Click the Standardized Test tab.
8. Click the Add button located to the left of the Accommodations section of the screen. The Accommodations section is where the test is selected to be associated with the student’s required testing accommodation(s) recorded on the Student Plan tab.
a. Click the LOV from the Accommodations section of the screen. Select the
Note: Only one test may be applied per record.
9. Click Save.
10. To create a new record, click the ADD button located at the bottom of the screen. The Student Plan tab appears blank and ready for the entry of another record. Repeat steps 1 – 9.