School Nutrition Services


School Nutrition   

Transylvania County Schools School Nutrition Services is committed to ensuring your child receives appealing, high-quality, and nutritious meals daily.  School meals fuel students for learning throughout the day.

Our mission is to contribute to the academic success of every student and encourage a lifetime of healthy eating.  We believe students learn best when they are properly nourished.  We also believe we have the power to impact the lives of the students we serve positively.  All meals, snacks, and beverages served and sold at schools meet state and federal requirements based on USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans.  

Please encourage your child to eat with us daily!

Parent’s Beginning of the Year Checklist:

Complete a Free and Reduced Meal Application
We encourage all families to complete a meal application even if you do not qualify or want to participate in the program, as it helps with other federal funding and grant opportunities for our district
Paper applications are distributed to all students at the beginning of the school year.
Return the completed application to your school or Morris Education Center-School Nutrition Services Office at 225 Rosenwald Lane, Brevard, NC 28712.

Encourage your Child to Participate in our Universal Breakfast Program
Provides FREE breakfast to all Pre-K through 12 th grade students.
Over 70% of TCS students participate in the Universal Breakfast Program daily.
All Elementary Schools serve breakfast in the classroom.
Encourage your Child to Participate in our Lunch Program
We only serve Student Approved Meals!
Hot meals, fresh salads, deli sandwiches, and yogurt plates are served daily!
Set up Pre-payments to pay for school meals and additional items.
- is the easy way to send money to school!
You can pre-pay by the week, month or year.

Check out our School Nutrition Services Webpage
Contact Information, How to Apply, School Menus, and additional important information is kept here. 


   In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:
    [email protected]



Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.