Transylvania County Schools is an accredited school district by AdvancED. Click here
for more information about AdvancED accreditation. Follow this link
to our accreditation record with AdvancED, which includes our district’s Executive Summary.
Transylvania County Schools hosted its five-year district accreditation Quality Assurance Review (QAR) from
Sunday, April 26, 2015 through Wednesday, April 29, 2015. The purpose of the QAR was to:
- Evaluate the district’s adherence to the AdvancED quality standards;
- Assess the efficacy and impact of the district’s continuous improvement process;
- Assess the effectiveness of the district’s methods for quality assurance;
- Identify strengths deserving of commendations and provide recommendations to improve the district; and,
- Make an accreditation recommendation for national review.
The QAR team was composed of a nationally-certified Team Chair and five team members selected for their
expertise and fit with the profile and needs of the school district. The QAR featured presentations by school
and district leaders; interviews with school system personnel, students, parents, and community representatives;
on-site visits to each school in the district; professional deliberations by the QAR team; and, an oral exit report to
the Transylvania County Board of Education at the visit’s conclusion.
Questions regarding the QAR should be directed to Jeremy Gibbs, Director of Human Resources, at:
Transylvania County Schools
Morris Education Center
225 Rosenwald Lane, Brevard, NC 28712